Changing DNS cache on home LAN?

Marc.Thach at radianz.com Marc.Thach at radianz.com
Thu Nov 15 16:44:41 UTC 2001

Your forward domain is not likely to be called 192.168.0, more likely you
will be calling it something like ratboy.com.  Note also that none of your
boxes should point to your ISPs DNS server in their resolv.conf (or
equivalent).  They should all point to your DNS.  Your DNS should point to
itself (127.0.0.1)
rgds
Marc TXK

                    "The Good
                    Doctor"                To:     comp-protocols-dns-bind at moderators.isc.org
                    <ratboy11- at fast        cc:
                    .net>                  Subject:     Re: Changing DNS cache on home LAN?
                    Sent by:
                    bind-users-boun
                    ce at isc.org

                    15/11/2001
                    11:20

In article <9sutq5$e19 at pub3.rc.vix.com>, "Barry Margolin"
<barmar at genuity.net> wrote:
 Makes sense. So when I get done I should have files for  127.0.0,
192.168.0, and 192.168.0.rev?
 Also, I still think I have a problem with how long the server is keeping
names in the cache. Last night I timed it and I could telnet into the
router for an hour almost an hour without the router connecting to the
ISP, after that it went back to dialing up and not letting me dial in
until it was connected.