dns server failing

Felecia Thompson FeleciaThompson at schev.edu
Tue Nov 20 15:03:58 UTC 2001

Scenario:  OS - Solaris 2.7
Secondary DNS server, running Bind version 9.1.1rc3
The primary DNS is running the same Bind version but on  Solaris 2.6

I've looked through the archives but was unable to find a solution to this problem.  As of yesterday, my secondary dns server which has been running for months without error has began to fail for the past 2 days now each morning with the following message below.  Once I restarted it on yesterday, it ran fine but again this morning I have the same problem.  Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so what was your solution?

Nov 20 08:59:01 madison.Schev.EDU ./named[14779]: resolver.c:1731: REQUIRE((((fctx->queries).head == 0) ? isc_boolean_true : isc_boolean_false)) failed
Nov 20 08:59:01 madison.Schev.EDU ./named[14779]: exiting (due to assertion failure)

Thanks for your help.

Felecia F. Thompson
Unix Administrator
State Council of Higher Education for VA
(804) 225-2643
Email:  thompson at schev.edu