Random Dns error!

Adam (Snowboard) adam at snowboard.com
Fri Nov 30 04:01:21 UTC 2001

I did some more testing today and the problem does seem to be within the
dns. I tried connecting to www.snowboard.com through telnet via port 80
and could not connect. The connection was refused for some reason. So now I
guess the problem is beyond dns as it resloves the ip of the website
(64.114.6.30) but refuses to connect to the server. So the error is more of
a connection error. Does anybody know where I can get some info concerning
this type of error? Has anybody else encountered this before? I will upgrade
to bind 8.2.5 and see if this fixes the problem. I tried doing a tracert on
our name server and it doesn't seem to be slow.