testing propagation

shmoppy shmoppy at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 18:24:29 UTC 2001

What is the best method for testing a zone's
propagation? I'm wondering because I know my zone info
is being picked up by most other DNS servers out
there, but I've gotten reports that some others can't
see my zone at all. It's pretty easy to find out if
your own DNS box is working, but what is a good way to
test others (aside from digging each one)? What would
be nice is some tool that would query 15-20 major DNS
servers on different network segments accross the
globe to sort of test the "health" of a domain. I'd do
this myself if i knew of 20 good servers to use. I
just verified that all the gtld servers have to
correct authority info, but I've still gotten reports
from 5 or 6 ISP's that don't know my zone exists and
i'm worried that there may be many more out there.
suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks in advance for any help.