setting up diff. name resolution depending on request source

Cricket Liu cricket at menandmice.com
Mon Oct 15 01:44:59 UTC 2001

> I'd like to set up a DNS that works for both my internal network (which
> I already have), and for incoming requests from the internet.  In other
> words, I'd like to be able to specify that internal requests receive,
> say, 192.168.1.24, while external requests receive another IP.
>
> how can you do this in BIND8?

The only way to do this with BIND 8 is to run multiple instances of named
on the box, each listening on a different network interface and with its own
named.conf file and zones data files.  For more information, see the section
of "DNS and BIND"s Chapter 11 called "Two Name Servers in One."
You can read it online at:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dns4/chapter/ch11.html

cricket

Men & Mice