sysquery: no addrs found for root NS

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Oct 16 22:43:49 UTC 2001

Hmmmm... I'm pretty stumped on this one. Usually "no addrs found for root
NS" means that you can't talk to the root servers, which in turn is usually
caused by a networking/connectivity/firewall problem. But such problems
should have nothing to do with enabling Dynamic Update for a zone. Are you
sure it wasn't just a coincidence that this happened right after you
enabled Dynamic Update? If you manually do a root NS query from this box,
does it work?

- Kevin