Mail routing and MX records: trouble

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 22 19:42:13 UTC 2001

Simon Waters wrote:

> .... could you
> post the bounce message (Including headers), although I suspect
> this is drifting off-topic from DNS to mail.

CCing the admin was enough. My IP looks up to my name, but it
still bounced.

One of these is Groupwise Agent 5.5.4 - the Novell Knowledge
base is full of how to switch said feature off.....

I just checked and the machine is validating the HELO name
against the DNS (As Barry suggests). Presumably it must be
verifying that the name in the reverse lookup matches exactly,
although I can't check quickly as all mine do.

I can't reproduce on the other domain given.