how can i resolve a domain to show all hosts?

Waltner, Steve swaltner at lsil.com
Tue Oct 23 16:42:51 UTC 2001

To get all entries for a zone, you need to do a zone transfer (axfr
request). This is sometime blocked, so you may get a permission denied
error. You need to do the zone request from a machine that is either a
master or slave server for the zone. Here is how you use either dig or
nslookup for zone transfers and dump the results into a text file called
db-bar.com.

Dig:
$ dig bar.com @ns1.bar.com axfr > db-bar.com
$