Problems With IXFR

Cricket Liu cricket at menandmice.com
Thu Oct 25 18:03:25 UTC 2001

> I've been having some problems with IXFR.  Things initially seemed to be
> going well since I was seeing IXFR merge success type messages and saw a
> .ixfr zone file for a couple zones.  Shortly after I saw of few of the
> success messages, I began seeing messages similar to those below at which
> point it seems that ixfr stopped working.  I'm trying to get a handle on
> what the problems are but having difficulty interpreting what is
> wrong from
> the errors.  Any insight would be appreciated.  Primary is running 8.2.4.
> Secondaries are 8.2.3.  Aware of newer releases/updates on to do list.

What kind of a response do you get if you use dig to send a non-recursive
SOA query to the master from the slave?

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software & Services
www.menandmice.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
http://www.menandmice.com/8000/8000_dns_training.html
for the schedule and to register for upcoming classes