Problems With IXFR

Cricket Liu cricket at menandmice.com
Fri Oct 26 14:29:23 UTC 2001

> Here's the response I get when doing the dig from a slave to the master.
> Hope this will provide further info to assist.

Could you send a non-recursive SOA query for a zone the master is
actually authoritative for, and for which IXFR is enabled, like
_sites.jhuapl.edu?  Also, dig's option to send a non-recursive
query is "+norec."  You sent a query for the domain name "norecurse."

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software & Services
www.menandmice.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
http://www.menandmice.com/8000/8000_dns_training.html
for the schedule and to register for upcoming classes