Bind 9 nsupdate question

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Mon Oct 29 00:19:30 UTC 2001

> I've implemented a DDNS solution here that works fine, except for one thing.
> When nsupdate updates the master server, those changes aren't pushed to the
> secondary servers.

	The master will be sending NOTIFY messages to the slaves, which then
	request the transfers.  This is all automatic provided your slave
	servers are sufficently new enough to understand the notify messages,
	your master server can resolve the address of the nameservers
	for the zone and you havn't disabled notify.

> Would this be a bind config issue?

	See above.

> Or does my ddns server need to explicitly nsupdate each of the secondaries
> as well?

	No

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org