procedure to make DNS server authoritative

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Oct 30 23:00:53 UTC 2001

Barry Margolin wrote:

> In article <9rmluk$rk0 at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
> Maksym Moyseyenko <max_moyseyenko at ukrpost.net> wrote:
> >My domain is registered through register.com. Their name servers are
> >used now as authoritative and primary NS for my domain.
> >1) What is the procedure to get rid of using their name servers and to
> >start using the DNS server at my site as authoritative and primary NS
> >for my domain?
>
> There should be a form on their web site for changing the nameservers of a
> domain you own.  You'll first need to register the hostnames and addresses
> of your servers.

register.com has a utility called "Domain Manager" for this kind of thing. From
the home page, click on the "Manage My Account" link, then enter your Domain
Manager ID and password, and the domain you want to modify. Then choose the
"Domain Name Servers" link, and you'll get a form which allows you to change your
nameservers. It'll require an email confirmation in order to complete.