stranges messages

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Oct 31 16:48:46 UTC 2001

In article <9roc7n$8hi at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Vincent DUQUESNE <v.duquesne at silicomp.fr> wrote:

>it is a closed DNS zone. In my db.cache, I have all my server which are root
>in my zone in my db.cache file and in the messages : it is said that it
>doesn't find these server.

Are those servers actually set up as root servers?  One of the first things
that BIND does when it starts up is send a query for the root NS records to
one of the servers listed in db.cache, so that it can update the records.
If those servers aren't really root servers, they won't return a usable
response, and you'll start getting those log messages.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA