Community Service

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Sep 7 19:47:22 UTC 2001

Don't forget:

"no, you can't safely edit your dynamically-updated zonefile any more"

"no, there are no good solutions currently for DNS-based
failover/load-balancing"

"use sortlist"

"your firewall is probably blocking it/them"

"sure you can download the root hints every 5 seconds but you don't need
them that frequently"

"you forgot to change your host record"

"those delegations are really screwed up"

"read RFC 2317, make your provider read it, and then both of you talk
about it"

"upgrade to a release with no known root-level exploits, and maybe your
mysterious crashes will disappear" (thankfully, we're getting less of
those posts now)

- Kevin