child zones and MX records

Terrence Koeman root at mediamonks.net
Sat Sep 8 17:57:43 UTC 2001

[SOA and NS stuff]

@    IN    MX    50    mailie.tio.nl
@    IN    MX    100   fallback.....

maile   IN    A   213.53........
        IN    MX  50    mailie.tio.nl
        IN    MX  100   mailie.tio.nl
mail    IN    A   213.53........ ;CNAME is allowed here, but you better not
use it in mail related records...

mailie.student    IN    A    213.53......
student           IN    MX    50    mailie.student.tio.nl
student           IN    MX    100   mailie.student.tio.nl
                  IN    MX    50    mailie.student.tio.nl ;if you need it
                  IN    MX    100   mailie.student.tio.nl ;if you need it
mail              IN    A    213.53........ ;CNAME is allowed here, but you
better not use it in mail related records...

Regards,

Terrence Koeman