$ORIGIN . problems

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 9 14:03:02 UTC 2001

Mark_Andrews at isc.org wrote:

>         Try: named-checkzone 0.0.127.in-addr.arpa zonefile

> > dns_master_load: /var/named/0.0.127:3: ignoring out-of-zone data
> > (0.0.127.in-addr.arpa)

I had a little play before Mark's post.

The errors reported occur when the domain name is wrong,
but.....

The errors report the domain name, and the domain name in the
errors is right.

I only have 9.2... installed to hand at the moment (I'd
literally scrubbed 9.1.3 versions seconds before reading the
post). 9.2 handles this zone file fine, but 9.2 has some parsing
stuff rewritten, I suspect a bug in 9.1...