Win2k forgets Nameserver?

Yanek Korff yanek at cigital.com
Wed Sep 26 13:23:51 UTC 2001

> Yanek is saying it happens to him with just one DNS server
> configured, if I've read it right.
Correct.  I will be adding a second one soon as I rearchitect some internal
stuff.  Nevertheless, the single internal nameserver is always up.

> Yanek also seems to imply all DNS service is lost, not just
> internal names. Although if he could clarify this?
Sorry if I gave this impression.  Indeed, I only lose internal name
resolution, as described by others in this thread.

Turning off Win2k's DNS service appears to have solved the problem.
HOWEVER, I do have one user who has the DNS service -on-, yet does not have
name resolution problems.

-Yanek.