Novell and Unix.

Snezhkov, Dimitry Dimitry.Snezhkov at pepsiamericas.com
Fri Sep 28 19:17:50 UTC 2001

Gurus,

The time has come for our company to get bind v4.9.7 (HP-UX distribution)
running on Unix  converted to 8.1.2 ( release supported by HP ). The problem
is that they want primary DNS to
be moved to Novell NDS tree to utilize DHCP and run DDNS from there. Unix
box ( HP-UX 11.0 ) will become slave to Novell Bind and on Unix side I will
need to accomodate
for zone transfers back to my environment.
Since I am not familiar w/Novell ,I was told that Novell DNS is all-GUI. How
does Novell do zone transfer? What kind of animal is Novell Dns? Any
different from unix?
Can you dump the contents of Database in plain file? Any scripts need to be
written to massage data from Novell to bind 8.1.2 on Unix? How do I request
Zone transfer from Novell?

I would appreciate all the ideas. Will summarize.

Dimitry.