Novell and Unix.

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Sep 28 20:30:29 UTC 2001

Before everyone jumps on this poor guy about how insecure BIND 8.1.2 is,
remember that sometimes vendors come up with their own patches to fix security
holes in backlevel versions of BIND. The original poster should verify that
those patches (if they exist on HP) are installed before attempting to run any
nameserver based on BIND 8.1.2.

As for importing data from Novell; sorry I can't help you there. We run Novell
extensively here, but we've never used it for DNS...

- Kevin