HELP? WIn32 BIND v9.2.0 - (CASE UPDATE - maneuveringspeed.com - conf files posted)

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Tue Apr 2 06:49:42 UTC 2002

At 11:12 PM 4/1/02, Greg Long wrote:

>THOUGH IT IS STILL NOT WORKING YET - I appreciate all the help - I have
>received some good pointers and observations which I'll comment on
>below.  I have helped a LOT of people out in the past on other issues,
>and it's really true that what goes around comes around.
>
>I ran bindconf on my redhat 7.2 box over, copied the key files over, and
>attempted to use those, but it still won't launch.

Did you look at the application event log with the event viewer?  It should
tell you what failed and why.

Did you run named-checkconf on the named.conf file or named-checkzone
on your zone files?

>For anyone who has a minute to peek at these files, I have zipped and
>posted them at http://gregory.myftp.org/etc.zip - It's still not
>resolving the zone, I'm probably missing something obvious to someone
>with more BIND experience than I have.  If you can suggest changes and
>want to make them and email them back to me by all means, knock yerself
>out :)
>
>It is important to note that all of the config files are in the etc
>directory as this is the Win32 version of BIND 9.2.0 - though it
>functions the same the paths are slightly different than in the various
>unix/linux flavors. (see below if not familiar)
>
>As far as the secondary server - I see the error with putting in my
>ISP's server.  I'll get one of the freebie's set up to take care of
>things.  (if my server fails DNS it is most likely down and won't serve
>anything else, but it's still good to have a backup)
>
>During the search to find solutions, I found references to GUI's that
>interface with BIND, but surprisingly no "bindconf.exe" and I might
>suggest that if it's not difficult and time consuming, the team might
>port one to Win32.

If it's not part of BIND then the team will not do the port.  I have no idea
what bindconf is or why it would be considered useful, but it's not part
of BIND.  All ports are time-consuming.

>In case anyone is wondering, "design maneuvering speed" is an
>aeronautical term referring to the maximum speed a fixed wing aircraft
>can tolerate full control movements - the wing will stall before it is
>overstressed.  I'm sure I'll do some cool stuff with the page eventually
>as I get into the open source Flight Simulator project (www.flightgear.org).
>
>Thanks,
>Greg

         Danny