zone files and named.conf

James Simons jsimons at ntinet.com
Wed Apr 3 15:56:50 UTC 2002

I found out yesterday (by accident) that multiple domains in named.conf
can reference the same zone file.  So I got to thinking that this would
be a good way to reduce overall maintenance of zone files for me.  We
have .com, .net, .org, etc addresses for several of our domains and I do
hate to have multiple zone files to maintain for each one, so I thought
that I would put a reference to each one in named.conf and when I
specify the zone file just point it to the .com and go on with life.  I
wasn't sure how good this was for the overall DNS of the net but I knew
you guys would so please let me know!

Thanks

James Simons

ps If anyone knows of a good resource out there with firections for
setting up a virtual hosting web server including SSL please let me know,.