intermittent SERVFAIL on certain domains

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Fri Apr 12 09:46:47 UTC 2002

Mark Frey <am335 at hwcn.org> wrote:

> Thanks Peter, I'd missed that the WorldChat NS's were CNAMES.

> It's not my domain though - we just have trouble receiving mail from
> it on and off as my own nameserver gets goofed up, but only
> occasionally.

> Do you think that the fact that their NS records point at CNAMES is
> responsible for my named not being able to resolve them, but only
> rarely?  Mostly we have no problems with them.

No idea here. However breaking standards is a shure way of
recognizing a potential broken peer. And did'nt they
use CNAME as RHS of the MX too ? I would personally stop digging
here and with for the offender to fix their gear.

--
Peter Håkanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)