DNS tutor needed

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Apr 12 20:20:33 UTC 2002

In article <a97f67$kuv at pub3.rc.vix.com>, scratch <wmedia at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>   UW PICO(tm) 4.0           File: /var/named/teawamutu.net.db
>
>$TTL    259200
>@               IN      SOA     pc9.scratch.net.nz.     wmedia.xtra.co.nz. (
>                                20020103015     ; serial
>                                3600            ; refresh       - 1 hour
>                                3600            ; retry         - 1 hour
>                                604800          ; expire        - 7 days
>                                7200 )          ; default_ttl   - 2 hours
>
>                IN      NS      pc9.scratch.net.nz.
>                IN      NS      ns2.nameserver.net.nz.
>
>www             IN      A       210.86.2.21
>@               IN      A       210.86.2.21
>@               IN      MX      5       pc9.scratch.net.nz.
>

>Any idea why I don't answer authorititavely?

It looks OK to me.  What error messages did you see in your log file?

>PS rndc reload? Tell me more.....

That's the command you use after you've made changes to any of the
configuration files, to make named reread them.  What more is there to
tell?

If you didn't know about this, maybe the problem is that you didn't reload
named after you added the zone statements to the named.conf file.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA