Mystery Name Server HEEELLLP!!!

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Thu Apr 18 15:56:02 UTC 2002

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 05:46:17AM +0000, Kurt Heston wrote:
> Joe,
>
> If you'd like to email me directly, I'll gladly give you my permanent
> address, forgive me for trying to deter spammers by being stingy with it.

;->  I'm not sure I'd remember it, but I would prefer that.  Thanks for
the offer.

> So how can I fix this?
>
> Am I wrong to think that there's some DNS server out there with this bad
> entry?  How would I go about finding where it is with dig or nslookup?
>
> I really appreciate the help you are giving me...this has been a thorn in my
> side for over a year now.  The domain name is essentially useless without a
> www record that resolves correctly.

In the message to which you were responding, Fred Viles pointed out
that "www.employment-lawyers.net is apparently a registered hostname."
At the time I was checking, you had just said that the problem domain
was "employment-lawyers.net", so I was tunnel-visioning at that, and
didn't have the insight Fred did.

You will have to ask hn.org to remove its malformed NS record from
their name servers.

www.employment-lawyers.net.  3D IN NS  63.204.28.148.

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao