Moving name server in house??

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Tue Aug 20 17:25:32 UTC 2002

Wipe_out <wipe_out at go.com> wrote:
> Hi,

> I am thinking about moving my name server in house and getting a provider to
> act as secondary.. the main reason behind it is for manageability and
> control..

> Is there any reason why this is a bad idea?? (i.e. security issues or
> similar)

If you mean that you want to run DNS yourself, well that may be
a mixed blessing.

If you do a good job, you will have all the benefits.

And yes, asking a provider to act slave is a good thing. There is
other too, like secondary.com that does this for a living.

And, when prepared, it's not that difficult. Have "the book" at hand,
seek a few friends that you can ask now & then, ventilate
your thoughts here.

--
Peter Håkanson