BIND 9 crashes on Windows platform workaround

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sun Dec 1 01:39:02 UTC 2002

It looks like a nice app. I would install it as a system service if it weren't
for the GUI. Are you writing to a log file for every time it needs to
restart it? Also, can you tell me what you see in the application
event log when you have to restart BIND? I'd like to get a better
handle on the symptoms even though it's obsoleted with 9.3.0.
Please note that kill is overly aggressive here. You should try
using the net stop command as this will allow it to do a normal
shutdown and cleanup. You shouldn't need both in any case.

Danny