Newbie question again...

Jeff Lasman jblists at nobaloney.net
Tue Dec 3 18:45:59 UTC 2002

Dave Comcast wrote:

> OK.  Thanks.
> The zone name is rubymanager.com.
>
> The name servers are ns1.romehosting.com (68.60.8.168) and
> ns3.romehosting.com (68.60.8.50).
>
> NS3 is currently the only name server that is up.  I'll bring up NS1 when I
> grasp the config issue.

Hmmmm... I was able to resolve ns3.romehosting.com a minute ago, but
can't any longer <frown>.  Is it set up as a master or a slave?  If a
slave, did it just expire the record for itself?  Is there a problem
with the romehosting.com zone at ns1.hn.org or at aux1.hn.org, the two
nameservers listed as authoritative for romehosting.com?  Neither of
these nameservers appear to be authoritative for romehosting.com.

Why can't we reach romehosting.com?  The network appears to be down
after 68.59.176.61.  Comcast appears to be dropping the ball.  Are you
hosting through a cable connection?  If so, you might consider something
else.

I can't do a traceroute on rubymanager because the nameservers for it
can't be reached <frown>.

Try to fix your connectivity first...

Then send us a copy of the relevant section of your named.conf file, and
a complete copy of your zone file.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Internet & Unix/Linux/Sun/Cobalt Consulting +1 909 778-9980