zone file : subnetted multihomed

Walker Simon-SWALKER1 swalker at metrowerks.com
Mon Dec 16 16:39:02 UTC 2002

Hi Everyone,

Actually thinking about this a little (whoops).

If the DNS Server served up a list of three IP addressed for the hostname (say it was called router) to a client. The client (resolver) would work out, from the list of three what IP to use as one if the IP would be in the clients subnet due to the client using its netmask from the local interface?

Is that more likely?

Regards,

Si.