Fw: Something new between bind 8.3.3. patch1 -- 8.3.4

Joaquin J. Domens jdomens at corp.terra.es
Mon Dec 16 17:13:00 UTC 2002

Forwarded by "Joaquin J. Domens" <jdomens at corp.terra.es>
 From:    "Joaquin J. Domens" <jdomens at corp.terra.es>
 To:      BIND List <bind-users at isc.org>
 Date:    Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:02:54 +0100
 Subject: Something new between bind 8.3.3. patch1 -- 8.3.4
----

Hi,
I have a problem loadbalancing our public dns. The scope is this:
We have three solaris boxes (solaris 8) running BIND 8.3.4 that has a
NAT IP under an Arrowpoint GSS11800
The thing is that when we first installed the security patches for BIND
8.3.3 (14 Nov 2002) everything were running smoothly but after upgrading
to BIND 8.3.4 (19 Nov 2002) the arrowpoint CPU suddenly increased.

After too many tests we've found the only thing that increases arrow's
CPU's are DNS packets.

Has anybody noticed the same on their systems ?

Is there any problem with BIND and arrowpints?

	Thanks in advance

Joaquin J. Domens
=C1rea de Tecnolog=EDa
Departamento de Producci=F3n / Aplicaciones
Terra Networks Espa=F1a S.A.
Via dos Castillas 7, Pozuelo de Alarc=F3n
Madrid, Espa=F1a
Mercado Continuo: TRR |  Nasdaq: TRLY
http://www.terra.es