Problem with logs

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Mon Dec 30 18:03:56 UTC 2002

On 30 Dec 2002 16:23:26 -0000, Simon Waters wrote:

> Nitendra Agrawal wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for any support.
>
> Probably someone at necoinfotech.com using a W2K machine,
> possibly at their ISP (laptops are good at doing this).
>
> It is the default behaviour of a W2K machine with the domain set
> to try and update the DNS, you can ignore it, or look at the
> archive of this list for how to direct these updates elsewhere.

Any chance that the bind authors will get a patch in there to disable
logging for this behavior, like lame servers?  That would be the
preferred solution, and I can't imagine why it hasn't been done yet.

--
John Oliver, CCNA                            http://www.john-oliver.net/
Linux/UNIX/network consulting         http://www.john-oliver.net/resume/