any dns record with a TTL less than 1 minute ?

Will Yardley you at aredumb.com
Mon Dec 30 20:45:00 UTC 2002

In article <aupnll$b5bg$1 at isrv4.isc.org>, bob hy wrote:

> I have to check once per minute that my dns server
> could resolve external adresses...
>
> To do so i need 2 adresses with a ttl less than 1
> minute...
>
> I know one : home.ghome.netscape.com with a TTL of 1S
> but I can't find another...

Why not just dig at a particular server? Whether or not the TTL is
short, you'll still be able to tell whether resolution at an external
server is working.

ie:
dig example.com @ns1.example.com +norec

I think it would be nice to do it less frequently than every second
though, especially if you're checking someone else's nameserver.

BTW, there's no need to send 3 of the same message to the newsgroup.

--
No copies, please.
To reply privately, simply reply; don't remove anything.