any dns record with a TTL less than 1 minute ?

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Tue Dec 31 14:16:52 UTC 2002

bob hy <ssim99fr at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hello,

> I have to check once per minute that my dns server
> could resolve external adresses...

Why don't you fix the nameserver instead ?=20=20

Given a good platform and a recent version of bind it=20
will run by itself for years ...

> To do so i need 2 adresses with a ttl less than 1
> minute...

> I know one : home.ghome.netscape.com with a TTL of 1S
> but I can't find another...

> Could you help me please ?

Yes.  Your "test" is faulty. It won't diffrentiate between=20
your server has stopped and your connection to whatever you test with
is broken.  And it won't test your clients abilyties to resolve ( and
that is a far more frequent problem then bind getting ill)