How do you do separate authoritative and resolving

Jakob Schlyter jakob at crt.se
Tue Dec 31 11:15:18 UTC 2002

On Tue, 30 Dec 2002 phil-news-nospam at ipal.net wrote:

> How do you do separate authoritative and resolving daemons on the
> same machine when using IPv6 addresses?

I usually use something like this. not that it requires bind9 since it
uses views.

view "recursive" {
        match-clients { any; }; // replace with acl matching your clients
        match-recursive-only yes;

        zone "." {
                type hint;
                file "standard/root.hint";
        };
};

view "authoritative" {
        recursion no;
        additional-from-auth no;
        additional-from-cache no;

        // Master zones
        //
        //zone "myzone.net" {
        //      type master;
        //      file "master/myzone.net";
        //};

        // Slave zones
        //
        //zone "otherzone.net" {
        //      type slave;
        //      file "slave/otherzone.net";
        //      masters { 192.168.1.10; [...;] };
        //};
};

	jakob