logging options

Joseph Caldwell joecwell at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 4 15:13:48 UTC 2002

The correct category for a particular message is not always
obvious.  Unless I'm mistaken, the "denied update ..." log
message is category "security", not "update".

If there is ever a question as to what category and/or severity
a message is, you can turn use the following options:
   print-category yes;
   print-severity yes;
which will cause them to be printed in the log preceeding the
actual message.

Cheers -
Joe
Joe Caldwell, IBM Corp., iSeries 400 Laboratory
1701 North St., Dept GZPA, Endicott, N.Y. 13760
Internet e-mail: joecwell at us.ibm.com

----- Forwarded by Joseph Caldwell/Endicott/IBM on 02/04/2002 10:00 AM
-----

"Dan Cooper" <dcooper at ukmatrix.net>