Problems transfering .com to .com/.com.au nameservers

Stuart Guthrie sfg at eurekait.com
Wed Feb 6 22:38:31 UTC 2002

I'm a bit of a newbie here,

Trying to get a .com address delegated to .com nameserver who's secondary
server is .com.au. The provider from where the .com was purchased claims
that whois at internic cannot locate the .com.au nameserver and therefore
cannot transfer the domain. Is this a crock? internic only whois's .com not
.com.au so even bigpond.com.au gets a big negative.

Since my domain is a .com with a secondary .com.au, I know this is possible.
Is the transfer site's software too dumb.

What I've tried:

http://www.nic.fr/zonecheck The zones at all ends check out.

dig, lots of times on both name servers, it checks out.

I think the provider of the domain is at fault. I was wondering if
'domainsnext.com' are the only guys I can go to to transfer this domain,
that's where Sue purchased it.

TIA

Stuart Guthrie

This is the email back from 'domainsnext.com'
---------

http://www.internic.net/cgi/whois?whois_nic=ns.protocolgroup.com.au&type
=nameserver
No match for nameserver "NS.PROTOCOLGROUP.COM.AU".

transfer at DomainsNext.com

Please keep all prior transmissions on the same e-mail when you reply.
Please visit our FAQ section for online help 24 hours a day.