can find host name

Alaa Alamood aaa at netman.dk
Fri Feb 8 21:59:48 UTC 2002

thanks for answer my

what do you mean by  server / domain, in your quastion.

I'm going to try to describe the problem in more details
I have master domain server, that have the following named.conf
options {
        directory  "/etc/namedb/";
        query-source address * port 53;
};
zone  "." {
        type  hint;
        file  "named.ca";
};
zone  "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" {
        type  master;
        file  "named.local";
};
zone  "domain.dk" {
        type  master;
        file  "db.domain.dk";
        allow-update {
            key netmanDnsKey;
        };
};
zone  "0.16.172.in-addr.arpa" {
        type  master;
        file  "db.172.16.0";
        allow-update {
         key netmanDnsKey;
        };
};

when I try to make nslookup to a client register in my master domain
server as the following:

192.168.1.1>  nslookup prince.domain.com
Server:         192.168.1.1
Address:        192.168.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   prince.domain.com
Address: 172.16.0.16

but
when Im try from another machine
Client> nslookup prince.domain.com
Server:    dnsmasterserver.domain.com
Address:  192.168.1.1

*** dnsmasterserver.domain.com can't find prince: Non-existent host/domain

please tall me if you need more information?

regards