primary forwarding requests to secondary

Jobe Bittman jobe at tns.net
Wed Feb 27 18:42:25 UTC 2002

Is is valid to have the primary authoritative name server forwarding all
non-authoritative requests to the secondary name server? I have a really
weird issue I can't seem to fix. The domain cyberkeep.com has its primary
name server set to cyberkeep.com and is running 9.1.3. The secondary
ns1.tns.net stops resolving the domain after a day. The is server is
running 9.2.0. I tried also setting up bind 8.2.5 at 216.86.143.14 and it
still is able to resolve cyberkeep. Only the 9.2.0 machine stops resolving
the domain. I think this is some sort of misconfiguration rather than a bug.

Jobe Bittman
System Administrator
Terracom Network Services
858.268.8911 (tel)