NT DNS not resolving certain domains

Larry Buss labuss at magothy.com
Wed Jan 2 22:54:13 UTC 2002

Hi folks

I have looked at my DNS server config over the past few days and cannot find
anything obviously wrong. Perhaps some folks here can give me a clue as to
what my problem may be.

I am unable to resolve certain domains. For example I receive a DNS server
not found error when I browse www.microsoft.com, but when I browse
microsoft,com the page loads. Another instance is I am not able to display
www.rolex.com, again I receive a DNS server not found.

I am able to ping the above sites via their Ips, but not their domain names?

My DNS server is also my email server. I have not had any problems
sending/receiving email.

Anyone have any clues as to what may be causing this?

NT 4.0 sp6 DNS
Win98 clients, MAC OS X.1 clients

Thanks in advance for the help

Larry Buss