BIND 8.3.0 RC2 is now available for public testing

Christian Krackowizer ckrackowiz at std.schuler-ag.com
Mon Jan 7 07:15:33 UTC 2002

At 00:19 04.01.2002 -0800, you wrote:

>"William Stacey" <staceyw at nospam.ameritech.net> writes:
>
> > I know this must sound dumb, but with 9.2.0 out, why do the still build new
> > 8.x.x versions?
>
>because a lot of sites aren't upgrading to bind9 as early as we'd hoped,

well, we are running 8.2.5 on 4 different elder OS (AIX 4.1.5, HP-UX 10.20,
DEC OSF 3.2C and Ultrix 4.3 Y2Kready). Starting with 9.0.0... I tried to
compile, reported feedback etc. In meantime, I gave up. Today, I'm sure for
9.2.0, I only will get it going on 2-3 systems, so we have to stay on 8.x.

mit freundlichen Gruessen

Christian Krackowizer
schuler technodat GmbH
Jakob-Haringer-Strasse 6