Turning on a secondary Interface

Martin G. McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Mon Jan 7 19:53:38 UTC 2002

	If a system running bind-9 has a second Ethernet
interface and that port is enabled, will named answer queries on
both interfaces?

	The idea is to configure the secondary interface on our
slave dns to have the network address of the master so that if
the master failed, the systems on our campus would still get to
talk to a dns on the primary or master address and not have to
fail over to the secondary.

	When the master was back in working order, the secondary
interface on the slave would be turned back off again so I am
asking whether this occasional operation will cause any
unexpected surprises?

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Center for Computing and Information Services Network Operations Group