Turning on a secondary Interface

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Jan 7 22:32:00 UTC 2002

named will listen on all available interfaces that it can find, however it
only checks periodically whether interfaces have appeared or disappeared.
This scanning interval is controlled by the "interface-interval" option.

I think you can poke named to re-scan interfaces using rndc's "reload" or
"reconfig" commands. Worse come to worst, you could restart the nameserver
and then it'll scan when it comes back up.

- Kevin