nsupdate problem

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Jan 8 00:59:00 UTC 2002

> Thanks for the information. In my original post I forgot to mention that I
> am stuck with using BIND 8.2.2-P5 for now. If I had it my way I would
> upgrade but unfortunately I am not currently allowed to upgrade at all.
> Any more info would be appreciated.

	Your not allowed to upgrade away from a version with well known
	security holes for which there are published exploits?

	I would complain in writing, keeping a copy of the complaint, so
	that there is a chance that your manager will be fired rather
	than yourself when your machines are compromised.  I'd also be
	tempted to move to a company with rational security policies.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org