can I divide directory to subdirectories

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Jan 10 00:03:22 UTC 2002

vietanh1977 wrote:

> Hello
>
> I wonder if I can divide directory ,which is wrote in option of named.conf file, to subdirectories to store difference my zone file.
>
> for example:
>
> In my named.conf I have option
> directory "/var/named/"
>
> I want to divide this directory to subdirectories as:
>
> internal
> external
> In two subdirectories, I will make zone files for my external network and my internal network.

Sure, you can put the zone files anywhere you want, subject to the regular relative-versus-absolute-versus-chroot restrictions of your
OS. In fact, if you are using "view"s, I believe you can specify a different "directory" option for each "view" (although you may not
want to because that might make things inconvenient if someday you want to have a directory containing zonefiles which are loaded into
*both* "view"s).