name with multiple IPs, is IP on local segment used?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Jan 14 20:44:01 UTC 2002

I believe most client resolvers are not this smart.

Note, however, that you can use the "sortlist" feature in BIND to sort
the addresses based on the source address of the query. The downside is
that you would have to configure the sortlist definitions in
*every* nameserver that might be answering these clients, otherwise
nameservers answering from their caches without those sortlist
definitions will "round-robin" the answers they give to the clients, thus
mucking up your careful plans...

- Kevin