Setting Up DNS (I think)

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Jan 15 01:03:56 UTC 2002

Stephanie wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a domain name. At the moment my ISP is carrying it and that has
> been know problem. I have static IP's but it has always been a pain in
> the rear to try and set this up. Now I have another domain. My ISP
> will only host one of my domain names. Now I have the first domain
> setup to use apache and all that fun stuff. I need to know where the
> heck do I start with finding a way to add the second domain to my
> machine myself. I have been looking but haven't found anything really
> good yet to explain master and slave zones.

The "bible" for DNS and BIND is called (surprise) _DNS_and_BIND_,
published by O'Reilly and currently in Fourth Edition.

If you want some online materials, there are some at
http://www.dns.net/dnsrd, but if you're going to be setting up and
maintaining DNS for the first time, IMO there is no substitute for a
comprehensive reference.