in-addr-arpa issue

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Jan 16 16:27:31 UTC 2002

In article <a2488k$h3o at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Curtis Petree  <cpetr at swbell.net> wrote:
>Thanks Barry for the response, here is what you requested.
>
>192.25.225.0
>
>As you'll notice, the POC is a person at our company (our Data Center
>Manager).  It seems to me that we do actually have the rights (as much
>as one organization can have rights to a Class C) to this to do with
>as we please.  If anyone else has a different take, please let me know
>before we turn in a template request to ARIN and look silly.

It looks to me like she should be able to request an IN-ADDR delegation for
it, as there's no IN-ADDR delegation for the containing block NET-HP3-34.
But it's possible that they might require the request to come from HP,
since they're the maintainer of the containing block and they didn't assign
a new maintainer for the sub-block.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA