editing a dynamically updated file

Ted Wood twood at twu.edu
Tue Jan 22 14:09:43 UTC 2002

Speaking of nsupdate, I recently had a problem that I couldn't solve =
with
nsupdate and was wondering if it's a bug or what.  I'm using bind 9.2 =
on
Redhat Linux 7.1.  I was trying to remove a NS record from my master =
zone
file using the command:
#nsupdate
>update delete noc.missouri.edu IN NS
>send

It gave me no complaints but would never get rid of the record.  I =
finally
resorted to turning dynamic updates off, manually editing the file and
turning dynamic updates back on which worked. =20