netsaint, www.yahoo.com, and akadns.net

Nate Campi nate at wired.com
Wed Jan 30 20:16:15 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 09:45:26AM -0800, Hugh Jass wrote:

> It started failing on me yesterday.  Below is the dig output.  Does
> this mean that dns is failing on yahoo's end?

<dig output snipped>

Hugh,

All we know from this is that it doesn't work on your resolver/caching
nameserver. This is half the picture, but what do the yahoo.com
nameservers and the akadns servers say? Does your resolver/caching
nameserver use a forwarder?

Hmm, you know what, I'll set up monitoring for yahoo's DNS on
http://mon.lycos.com - a site I setup to demo the Mon monitoring system.
I monitor the msft nameservers now, but I'll switch it to yahoo.
--
Nate Campi | Terra Lycos DNS | WiReD UNIX Operations

"I dropped my computer on my foot ! That Megahurtz !"