zone files at ftp://rs.internic.net/domain

Bryan Zimmer baz at baz-tech.com
Tue Jan 29 03:02:01 UTC 2002

Hello,

I have been wondering about all those zone files at ftp://rs.internic.net/domain. I do there occasionally to make sure my named.ca is up to date. I always see the "gov.zone", "edu.zone", "in-addr.zone" files.

Since my name server could probably handle some more traffic, and I would like to help the DNS operate more efficiently (in any small way), I wonder if it is possible to use those files as possibly "type stub" zone files, or any other way they could help my NS be more efficient. Possibly this could take some of the burden off the top-level servers?

Bryan Zimmer
baz at baz-tech.com