Invalid Zone file for bind 8.2.2 ?

dbotham at edeltacom.com dbotham at edeltacom.com
Wed Jun 5 16:45:45 UTC 2002

Mark,

Before you waste a lot of time trouble shooting BIND 8.2.2. P7, upgrage to
the latest version of BIND.

Go here:  http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/

They will have all the details on the nasties inside you version...

Hope this helps...

Dave...

|         |           "Mark"           |
|         |           <spamail at xs4all.n|
|         |           l>               |
|         |           bind-users-bounce|
|         |           @isc.org         |
|         |           06/04/2002 03:33 |
  |       To:       comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org                                                                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Invalid Zone file for bind 8.2.2 ?                                                                           |

I have two central dns servers, running bind 8.2.2 P7 on solaris 2.6. On
these servers we defined forwarders to the internet and some stubs. one of
these stubs is an Win2000 AD server with domain "addomain.com". On frequent
base we so a tcp session from the bind dns to the AD server to get the
newest zone file. This works fine most of the time, but we had a crash at
both the bind servers after a tcp session with the AD server. The named
process was still running but didn't respond anymore. We neede to kill the
named process with the -9 option. After a restart of named, the process put
a messages in the syslog which says :" unable to load addomain.com.db: No
NS
RR in zone file". This looks like an wrong zone file from the AD servers.
but noormaly named checks this zone files before loading them. Does
somebody
know what can be wrong on a zone file from a Ad server but what is accepted
at a bind server ?